كل قرص سيتارام 20 ملبس بفيلم يحوي 20 ملغ سيتالوبرام ( بشكل سيتالوبرام هيدروبرومايد ) .
كل قرص سيتارام 40 ملبس بفيلم يحوي 40 ملغ سيتالوبرام ( بشكل سيتالوبرام هيدروبرومايد ) .
التأثير الدوائي السريري :
الحركية الدوائية :
مزاج مكتئب ، نقص الاهتمام بالفعاليات اليومية المعتادة ، تغير واضح في الوزن و / أو الشهية ، أرق أو فرط النوم ، تهيج نفسي حركي أو تخلف ، زيادة التعب ، الشعور بالذنب أو عدم الجدوى ، بطء التفكير أو ضعف التركيز ، محاولة الانتحار أو التفكير بالانتحار .
مضادات الاستطبابات :
التداخلات الدوائية :
يجب أخذ الحذر عند مشاركة سيتارام مع الأدوية المركزية الأخرى ، مع السيميتدين ، الليثيوم ، الكاربامازيبين ، الكيتوكونازول ، الفلوكونازول ، الايتراكونازول ، الاريترومايسين ، مضادات الاكتئاب ثلاثية الحلقات كالايميبرامين .
الآثار الجانبية :
زيادة الجرعة :
الجرعة و طريقة الاستعمال :
Each Sitaram 20 film-coated tablet contains 20 mg Citalopram (as Citalopram HBr).
Each Sitaram 40 film-coated tablet contains 40 mg Citalopram (as Citalopram HBr).
Sitaram (Citalopram HBr) is an orally administered selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor (SSRI) with a chemical structure unrelated to that of other (SSRI’s) or other available antidepressant agents.
- The mechanism of action of Sitaram as an antidepressant is presumed to be linked to potentiation of serotonergic activity in the central nervous system resulting from its inhibition of CNS neuronal reuptake of serotonin (5-HT).
- Citalopram has no or very low affinity for 5-HT1 A, 5-HT2 A, dopamine D1 and D2, a1, a2 and β adrenergic, histamine H1, gamma amino butyric acid (GABA), muscarinic, cholinergic and benzodiazepine receptors.
- Biotransformation of Citalopram is mainly hepatic, with a mean terminal half-life of about 35 hours. With once daily dosing, steady state plasma concentrations are achieved within approximately one week.
- At steady state, the extent of accumulation of citalopram in plasma, based on the half-life, is expected to be 2.5 times the plasma concentrations observed after a single dose.
- Following a single oral dose of citalopram, peak blood levels occur at about 4 hours. The absolute bioavailability of citalopram was about 80% relative to an intravenous dose, and absorption is not affected by food.
- The volume of distribution is about 12 L/ Kg, and the binding to human plasma proteins is about 80%.
-Citalopram is metabolized to demethylcitalopram (DCT), didemethylcitalopram (DDCT), Citalopram-N-oxide, and a deaminated propionic acid derivative.
-In human, unchanged Citalopram is the predominant compound in plasma.
Indications and Usage:
- Sitaram is indicated for the treatment of depression. The efficacy of product in the treatment of depression was established in 4 to 6 weeks.
- A major depressive episode implies a prominent and relatively persistent (nearly every day for at least 2 weeks) depressed or dysphoric mood that usually interferes with daily functioning, and includes at least 5 of the following 9 symptoms: Depressed mood, loss of interest in usual activities, significant change in weight and/ or appetite, insomnia or hypersomnia, psychomotor agitation or retardation, increased fatigue, feelings of guilt or worthlessness, slowed thinking or impaired concentration, and a suicide attempt or suicidal ideation.
- Sitaram is contraindicated in patients with a hypersensitivity to citalopram or any of the inactive ingredients in Sitaram.
- Sitaram is contraindicated in patients taking monoamine oxidase inhibitors, or within 14 days of discontinuing treatment with an (MAOI). Similarly, at least 14 days should be allowed after stopping Sitaram before starting an (MAOI).
- Several cases of hyponatremia have been reported in association with Sitaram treatment. All patients with these events have recovered with discontinuation of Sitaram.
- Sitaram should be used cautiously in patients with a history of mania, history of seizure disorders.
- Patients should be cautioned about operating machinery, including automobiles.
- Caution is advisable in using Sitaram in patients with diseases or conditions that produce altered metabolism or hemodynamic responses.
- The use of Sitaram in hepatically impaired patients or in patients with a heart disease should be approached with caution and a lower maximum dosage is recommended.
- Sitaram should be used with caution in patients with severe renal impairment.
- The concomitant use of Sitaram and alcohol in depressed patients is not advised.
- The possibility of a suicide attempt is inherent in depression.
- Patients should be advised to notify their physician if they become pregnant, or if they are breast-feeding an infant during therapy.
- While patients may notice improvement with Sitaram therapy in 1 to 4 weeks, they should be advised to continue therapy as directed.
Caution should be taken when Sitaram is taken in combination with other centrally acting drugs, with cimetidine, lithium, carbamazepine, ketoconazole, fluconazole, itraconazole, erythromycin, tricyclic antidepressants like imipramine.
- Cardiovascular disorders: tachycardia and hypotension.
- Central and peripheral nervous system disorders: migraine, paresthesia.
- Gastrointestinal disorders: Saliva increased, flatulence.
- Metabolic and Nutritional disorders: Decreased weight, increased weight.
- Psychiatric disorders: impaired concentration, amnesia, apathy, increased appetite, and confusion.
- Coughing, rash, pruritis, abnormal accommodation and polyuria.
- Establish and maintain an airway to ensure adequate ventilation and oxygenation.
- Gastric evacuation by lavage and use of activated charcoal should be considered.
- Careful observation and cardiac and vital sign monitoring are recommended.
Dosage and administration:
- Sitaram should be administered at an initial dose of 20 mg once daily, generally with an increase to a dose of 40 mg/ day.
- Dose increases should usually occur in increments of 20 mg at intervals of no less than one week. Doses above 40 mg are not ordinarily recommended.
- Sitaram should be administered once daily, in the morning or evening, with or without food.
- 20 mg/ day is the recommended dose for most elderly patients and patients with hepatic impairment.
- The efficacy of Sitaram in maintaining an antidepressant response for up to 24 weeks following 6 to 8 weeks of acute treatment was demonstrated. Nevertheless the physician who elects to use Sitaram for extended periods should periodically re-evaluate the long-term use fullness of the drug for the individual patient.
- The physician could increase the daily dose to 60mg in some special cases.
- Each box of Sitaram 20 contains 20 pink film-coated tablets.
- Each box of Sitaram 40 contains 20 white film-coated tablets.
© 2016 Mediotic.com Company All rights reserved | Developed by Mutaz Bellah Hakmi